I am so grateful for my parents who brought me into the world and raised me and look forward to the many years ahead with the privilege of raising my own kids!
Well, it was another great birthday. Dave spoiled me. He's good at that. He took me out for dinner at Benihanas followed by Cinderella musical at the 5th Ave. (the story was modernized and so comical!!) My birthday gift this year is my all time favorite. He created an advent calendar just for me! Each morning I have a suprise waiting for me- my favorite candies, coupon for a dishes free night, or a thoughtful note! I love it. The notes are so clever and correlate with the date and many times I get all teary eyed after reading them!
And my Birthday/Christmas gift (something I have been wanting for a long time) that was bought as a steal on Cyber Monday at less than half its normal cost: A 6 Quart Kitchen Aid Professional!!!! Here is the evidence that I presented to Dave as to why I needed one:

The other day I mixed up a QUADRUPLE batch of cookie dough in my new monster mixer. At that moment I knew I would never regret that purchase :). I've been baking up a storm: cupcakes, chocolates, cookies, and lots and lots of homemade bread!

Now, I made this homemade applesauce, apple-raspberry sauce, and apple-raspberry butter last month the old fashioned way with a Foley food mill but now that I have a Kitchen Aid there is an attachment that will make this even easier! This stuff made for great Christmas gifts! I remind Dave that this year's birthday gift is the gift that will keep on giving back to him and others :)
