Tuesday, December 20, 2011

100 Words!

Julie is 16 months old and nearing the 18 month mark! Its time to catch up on her latest milestones.

#1. She got a haircut.
More like a mere trimming of the bangs but still! We can see those big baby blues again.




















#2. She says 100 words.

I wasn't on top of the whole hanging on her every new word thing quite like I was with the first child. She went through a period where she wasn't saying very many new words so I stopped counting and then a couple weeks ago I realized she had learned a ton of new words so we jumped from around 40 to 100 in one day! We celebrated by eating cupcakes and singing the "Happy 100 Words" song. Not really. We just ate cupcakes.
Its pretty fun to review the words she learned. They are actually in order of when she learned them. I love how quickly she learned to put two words together. Apple sauce in the top 10. Cookie Crisp in the top 20. Apple core in the top 30. Get down and all done in the top 50.

#3. She climbed out of her crib.

Julie is such a climber now its scary. I have to watch her carefully, especially around chairs and our tile floor.


One early morning I woke to the sound of a loud WHOMP!!! I run into Julie's room and she's sitting on the floor, outside the crib just like the picture below. Except instead of smiling she's crying hysterically. It gave her a good scare and she hasn't tried it since.
We always joke that Julie will be in a bed before Lizzie. Lizzie is not a climber at all so we haven't felt the need to switch her to a bed. Maybe we will "bed train" them together....