When I put Lizzie down for a nap today I told her a mini story before leaving the room. It went something like this:
"Once upon a time there was a beautiful princess named Lizzie and she was so special that she got to go to Charlie Safari! She jumped and played all day with her cousins. She did so many fun things today and lived happily ever after." (It was so late and she needed an especially short one this time!!)
Then, before I could leave she said Meow wanted to tell a story and it went like this:
"Once upon a time there was a beautiful priness cat named Meow. She didn't go to Charlie Safari with Lizzie today. She stayed home all by herself. She stayed in bed. But she didn't cry! And then Lizzie came home and they lived happily ever after."
Lizzie is always so desperate for Meow to go everywhere she goes. No wonder! I guess she has visions of Meow alone and stifling back tears while her beloved Lizzie is away.
