Saturday, August 3, 2013

My Motorcycle Man

ANOTHER motorcycle trip!  He is off with his motorcycle gang (all the other men in the family).  They are taking the scenic ocean routes, stopping off on Whidbey Island, Winthrop (apparently it was recreated to be JUST like an old west town.) , then heading to Lake Chelan.  The last I heard they were jet skiing on the lake and having way too much fun.  I have a love hate relationship with this bike.  I love riding on the back with the wind in my hair, hugging my hubby, as we fly past the beautiful WA Puget Sound, lakes, forests, and other scenery. It makes for great summer date nights!
But, I hate the fact that it can be so dangerous!  These road trips in particular make me worry because it's so much time on the bike and highways.
Well, this road trip I was definitely too preggars to ride so the girls and I had the weekend to ourselves!  I had big plans for us, but it was ruined by the stomach flu!! That first night was quite busy.  It started with Julie wetting her bed at midnight (this never happens anymore. So weird) Then the flu hit Lizzie at 12:30am.  Of COURSE, it hit the first night Dave was gone.  Nothing better than being alone, pregnant, and having to clean up wet sheets; then vomit on the carpet, bathroom floor, and child; then waking up every 30 minutes to do it all over again all night!  At least she got better at aiming for the bowl I gave her.  It sounds pretty gross, and yes it was! Fair or not, I think this last experience has added more weight to the "hate" aspect of my psyche in regards to motorcycles.