Friday, April 15, 2011

Minivan Momma!

I was reluctant to give up the Beamer, but I am LOVING our new minivan! Its a Honda Odyssey EX-L 2008 with only 29,000 miles! It still looks and smells brand new. My favorite features are: 1. DVD player (no screaming kids anymore) 2. Power doors (no balancing bags, toddler, carseat, while simultaneously trying to open door) 3. Back up Camera screen on rearview mirror (no worries about crashing new, large vehicle) This car is definitely kid approved. Car rides have always been stressful events that usually end up in 2 girls screaming; no, make that 3 girls screaming (including me). But that is all in the past thanks to build in DVD player that turns on where it left off every time I start the car!
I know I am starting to sound like a car commercial but we are really pretty happy with our new vehicle. AND we got a great deal on it. The car dealers tried really hard to swindle us but we caught on to all their tricks. We had a few of our own up our sleeves. I have a great story about the car salesman trying to show us false paperwork to cover up the fact that it needed a new battery. The good news being the old battery was the only thing wrong with it.
When I look at this picture of Sunbeam it does make me kind of sad we had to let her go. I will admit I form a personal bond with my cars. I reeeally loved that car!