
Lizzie just turned 16 months old and Jamie was kind enough to take some amazing portraits once again! I especially love the first pic not only because its really cute but also because it show cases how well her her beautiful little hands have healed.

Lately, Lizzie and I are enjoying every moment together because in the near future we won't get to spend so much one on one time. It will be interesting to see how she reacts to her up and coming sister, Julie! So far Liz is loving the new house, backyard, and nearby parks, etc. She is also loving being near her Grammy and Papa- every time we get in the car she says "Papa!" (Hoping we are going to visit)

I have to say I have really been enjoying Lizzie's ever growing ability to communicate. She seems to learn 1-2 new words a day and it has really lowered her frustration levels. She can voice her wants and concerns such as "I want Daddy!" or an "I want that!" while pointing at whatever her heart desires. Some of her fav things to say right now are: "I want that", "No, no Mama!", "Lenny!", "Papa", "Bye", "Hi", "Shoes", "Cheese", and "Fish!" (usually referring to crackers). And of course she still loves her three fav words of all time, "Mama", "Daddy", and "MORE!"

These days you will rarely catch Lizzie sitting or even walking. She's generally running at high speed. Occasionally, she levels off at a good speed walking rate, but her arms are always pumping wildly and her hips swinging in that funny way toddlers have of moving from one place to another.

She has four teeth now- 2 on top and 2 on bottom. Man, they were slow to arrive (she is now caught up to the average tooth eruption level of a 8 month old), but thats just the dental hygienist in me obsessing over teeth.

Some of Lizzie's favorite activities: doing anything outside, reading, puzzles, getting chased and tickled or chasing after her parents and tickling them, singing songs with hand actions, playing with her cousins, watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse", and watching/playing the alphabet game on the computer.
One of the funniest things she does right now is sometimes when we sing a song with hand actions such as, "When You're Happy and You Know it", or "The Wheels on the Bus", she will grab her baby doll or Lenny the Lion and make THEM do the hand motions of clapping or spinning arms...cracks me up every time.
