The other night, Dave came home from work and as usual asked me about my day. I went through my usual list and added that I was pretty sure that Lizzie understands most of the things I say. For instance, when she is in the bathtub I will say things like, "The duck wants to swim with you!" Then she will glance at the duck out of all the many bobbing bath toys.
Dave then says, "Yeah right. Is this like your stories where your dog(Benny, my dog as a kid) has complex emotions and then saves the world?"
Me: "You don't believe me? I reeeally think she understands alot of the words we say."
Dave: "I'll believe it when I see it." "I want proof." (Such a typical Dave thing to say.)
AND HERE IT IS!!!!!! UNDENIABLE PROOF FOR MY HUSBAND:
Check out this video honey!
(So I actually set up this toy line-up scenario for the first time for Dave to see right after the conversation. He was very shocked; then we re-set it up and he helped me take a video of her in action.)
PS: It seems odd that I am having her look at the book between each item, but that is what distracts her in the moment that I am taking a toy away from her.
