
One of her major achievements this past month is that she is crawling!! Not scooting, inching, or bum sliding, but real crawling!! Between the crawling, cruising, and pulling herself up, she can now officially go EVERYWHERE and fast too. She walks by herself when I can trick her into thinking I'm holding onto her, but for now she is not quite ready to make the leap.

Another new behavior is that she waves hello and goodbye. She is very friendly with everyone these days and loves to get attention by waving to people at the grocery store, walkers, and even passing cars.

The pretty pink tutu is very befitting for her right now because she LOVES to dance!! If there's any kind of music, especially rock, to be heard then she will be seen standing up and bouncing her little bum up and down like crazy. Her favorite dance, though, is when daddy gets home from work. Each night, after dinner, Dave plays her favorite song "La Grange" and dances her around the room. Its no wonder she seems to be such a daddy's girl.


She is just entering the phase where she likes stuffed animals. When Dave and I had our first Valentine's Day together I gave him a TY stuffed animal lion which has been packed away for some time. Recently, while moving, we ran across it and gave it to Lizzy. She immediately fell in love with it like no other toy. So now whenever I say, "Where's Lenny the Lion?" she will search and search for him til she finds him or even crawl across the entire house to go give him a hug.

Her favorite activity with her Mommy is reading. Right now her favorite book is "My First Colors Board Book." She loves it because as we read it I point to the corresponding real life objects. She always squeals with delight when I point to the picture of a stuffed animal lion that looks like hers, than I ask, "Where's Lizzy's Lion?" (She starts looking around the room frantically as soon as I point to it) At this point the book cannot continue until we locate HER stuffed lion.

I suppose Lizzy's favorite activity with her mommy is reading because that is MY favorite activity with Lizzie. Words cannot describe how much I enjoy watching my daughter learn. There is excitement and first time learning EVERY DAY with her whether it be from a book, the bathtub, or other everyday routine tasks. I love just playing with her, but my heart always skips a beat when I get to see the expression on her face, the moment she realizes for the first time that flipping the switch in the bathroom makes the lights turn on.


I can't wait for Lizzie to start talking, to finally know what goes on in her head. For now we are settling for "Mama," "Dadda," and lots of baby jibberish. When we're reading and I point to a dog or we see a real one, she'll pant like a dog. However, she generally refuses to do so on command or when asked. She also does a lot of head shaking. Mostly to mock her mommy :) For instance, she will be tearing towards the entertainment center to mess with the forbidden DVD player and I will shout "No, no, no!" Then, she will continue towards it with her back to me, without slowing a bit and start shaking her head because she know thats exactly what I'm doing.
