Saturday, January 11, 2014

Baby's First Christmas

Three weeks old and Penny already has a Christmas holiday under her belt.  It's hard to believe and frankly a bit depressing to think that Christmas is already over!  2013 is over already and we are ready to take on whatever 2014 brings!  One of the most exciting parts of the year will be to see how this little one changes and grows.  The changes that happen in the first year of life are stunning.  One of the biggest differences in the way I feel with the third child is that I catch myself savoring the sweet newborn moments a lot. I KNOW how it all goes by so fast.  It doesn't seem that long ago that my first baby, Lizzie, was scooting around in diapers, and here I have my third girl now. Babies are challenging, yes.  However, it's a stage that comes and goes so quickly you have to relish the precious moments.  


I wish I had captured her smile because she is already smiling a lot!  She smiled for the first time at Grandma when she was one week old.  Then, she continued to smile more and more after that.  I know babies "don't" smile this early but she really did I swear!  She is a big time smiler these days.