Sunday, April 21, 2013

THE kitchen project

It's DONE!!!  The kitchen remodel has been a work in progress for a long time.  We started by ripping up the white linoleum (with blue flowers) and tiling the floor a couple years ago.  Then, about a month ago we decided to finish the job and refinish the cupboards and install granite counters.  This has been such a time consuming project its a huge relief to be done!  Every night we would work into the wee hours stripping, sanding, varnishing, applying polyurethane and it always took about 10 times longer than expected.  But, now that its done it was so worth it!  We love our new kitchen.  There's a lot of heart, soul, and love in there now.
This before picture is terrible. I know.  Its all I could find.  I can't believe we didn't get a good before picture!

 Here's a close up to see our motivation to take this project on...ugly water damage and wear.
At least I have a midway picture.  So I can never forget the chaos of living in the midst of a kitchen remodel. the best part is when you have no running water!  Experience the bad to appreciate the good, right?