Thursday, July 28, 2011

Julie is 1!



Julie is a big one year old now!! We had a little party with family to celebrate. The main event being the baby feasting on a giant cake of course. Julie has so many little girl cousins that it was a lot of fun to have a princess themed party.

I had a lot of fun making this cake. The flowers and crown are gum paste. The hardest part was keeping a steady hand to smooth the frosting dress instead of just doing fondant! (So worth it to let little hands get sticky!) The inspiration came from a cake my mom made me when I was 8 yrs old. I still remember that as being my favorite cake of all time.


Cupcakes for everyone else!

The candle is lit. Let the games begin!!
She started out slow but got into it more as she tasted the sweet frosting :)






This is when we decided it was time to get cleaned up!! Frosting was EVERYWHERE! It was a great birthday and I still can't believe Julie is one year old!


I am so very behind on my blogging- there are tons more pics to come and of course there are MANY updates on Julie's development. Next blog coming soon...