
She is trouble for sure! This past week I have been busy potty training Lizzie so Julie has had ample opportunity to get into trouble. At one crucial point (right when Lizzie had gone #2 first time) Julie was trying to play with the big toilet so I ushered her quickly out of the bathroom only to have her speed crawl straight over to the pantry, grab a bag of popcorn kernels, and dump them allll over the kitchen floor then continue to spread them. Baby proofing you say? I barely know what that is. Lizzie was not huge into exploring. Not a problem. Until now.

She has grown and learned SOO much in the past couple months. 9 months has been a huge learning window for her.
Month 9 Achievements:
Crawling
Pulling self up
Standing
Cruising
Waving Hello
Signing words: "More" and "all done"
Saying 3 NEW WORDS!: Mama! Dada! and Uh-oh!

"Mama" was the FIRST word she ever said!! She has actually been saying mama for a while but it hasn't been clear if she knew what she is saying until recently. She will hold her arms out to me and say "Mama!" Then a couple weeks later, Dave really worked with her and got her to say "Dada!" And last of all, "Uh Oh!" , no surprise to me that this would be her first word (besides mama/dada). I say "Uh Oh" all the time to her and a couple days ago she just parroted it right back at me! She loved saying it over and over again. It was very cute to hear her say it- clearly and with pointed emphasis and emotion...hehe. She's very good at mimicking her mom.

Her little squinty eye smile in the pic above always makes me laugh. Its not her natural smile- its the smile she does when she is trying to copy my facial expression. Sometimes I give her an overly exaggerated smile and squint my eyes at her when I baby talk.
Jewels- you are growing up too fast. Please slow down.
