Every August I get soooo excited for blackberry season. Almost every day I ask Dave, "Want to go pick some blackberries?" Whether or not he does actually want to go picking, he always says yes and then laughs at me for being so excited about it. Then I remind him that he takes these tasty WA berries for granted because he grew up here and they grow like weeds everywhere! Whereas, growing up in Chicago I always had to pay big money for very mediocre store bought berries. Lizzie, however, shares my true love and excitement for blackberry season. She's a very good berry picker and berry eater. She will continue to eat as many as we let her. This little hand in the berry bowl was no setup. She was following me around when she saw me with a bowl of blackberries and very sneakily waited until I was busy snapping a picture before snatching a berry for herself.

One of my favorite things to do with blackberries is to make blackberry pancakes!

We went blackberry crazy-making blackberry pancakes with blackberry topping!

Lizzie was very excited to see her name in blackberry pancake form. It was very amusing to watch her carefully dip each letter into the blobs of whip cream before stuffing them in her mouth.