Thursday, August 5, 2010

2 Weeks Old

Julie is 2 weeks old today! And i can't think of a better way to celebrate this milestone than taking her in for her 2 week doctor exam and newborn screening test! You know, the terrible one where they do the PKU test and poke the poor baby's foot for 10 min to get blood samples? It was very sad to witness, but all for her own good, right?
Well the doc reported that Julie has gained back and surpassed her birth weight. She's growing well in the 50% and everything looks good!

So far at 2 weeks, Julie is an amazing baby. I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get a baby as easy as Lizzie was, but she really seems to be so far. She's very even tempered (unless I'm torturing her with a camera in her face like above :/ ) And the best part of all is that she is an awesome sleeper clocking in 6-7 straight hrs. of sleep at night...so far (these things can change with time I know)


When I took her to the lab for her blood test, today, the nurse asked me, "Is she anything besides Caucasian?" To which I responded, "no." Then she asked again, dubiously, "No Hispanic or anything?" I guess I wasn't that surprised because she does have all that dark, thick hair. In the pic above I had just taken her out of the bath and it looks like she might have some curl! It generally stays straight once I comb it though!
Well, happy two weeks of life Julie! We are so glad to have you in the family!