
The Life of an 18 Month Old:
Things I love: Playing with balls, balloons, stuffed animals, and baby dolls; reading books- "I'm very gentle and get to read paper back books now,"; coloring with crayons; playing outside -"especially if there are balls to kick around"; Learning letters and numbers- "I love to show off so go ahead and ask me what sounds the letters make!"
Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Animals: Lenny, Meow, and Tweet!
Favorite Phrases: "Boo-ya!", "Silly Mama!", "Good Lenny!", "Nice Baby!", "Hey you!", "Whoa, fun!", "Help pease!", "Daddy home soon!", "I want dat!" "I so funny"
Lizzie isms: "I've noticed that all the best things in the world end with sound ie/y like Mommy, Daddy, Lizzie, Lenny, Kitty, etc. So, I've decided to add an ie/y sound to all things I love!
My conversations with Lizzie sound like this:
Mom: What do you want to drink? Liz: Botty of Waty!
Mom: We're going to visit Papa! Liz: Poppy!
Mom: Guess what time it is? (as I turn on the shower) Liz: Showie!
Mom: Are you hungry? ( as i hold up an apple) Liz: Appie!
Favorite Show: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Favorite Song: Old MacDonald and I'm a Little Fishy
Lizzie's "singing" is very amusing. She will sometimes sing along with a "Doo doo doo doo!" when she approves of the song. Or with "Old Macdonald" she will join in to say animal names and sounds.
Lizzie Lingo:
"Fwop!" Translation: Egg
She picked this up from a computer alphabet game that she loves. The animated egg breaks and apparently thats the noise it makes. She will say "egg" when I prompt her, otherwise she prefers the term"fwops!" when referring to her breakfast.
"Peeyah!" Translation: Hooray!
She says this frequently when she is particularly excited. This is a regular part of her vocab, especially since it makes daddy laugh so hard each time.
"Double-noon" Translation: the letter "W"
Whats there to say? Its a hard letter to pronouce.
"LennyNmeow, LennyNmeow, LennyNmeow, LennyNmeow!!" Translation: Don't you dare pick me up out of this crib until I have a good grip on my lion and kitty.
She says this EVERY morning when I start to pick her up out of the crib. She's very concerned about her stuffed friends being left behind.

I have been trying to prep Liz for her soon-to-be-coming sister Julie. I'll say "Where's baby Julie?" Then she'll point to my big tummy. We also practice being gentle with her baby doll, rocking her gently, etc...hopefully some of this will help when the lil sis arrives!
At least Lizzie gets to enjoy some "congrats, its a girl" balloons and fun with a baby doll for the time being!
