Today we had the amazing opportunity to have a private lunch with Elder L. Tom Perry! It was the Stevens family plus Elder Walker and his wife too. I have always enjoyed hearing Elder Perry speak but it is usually on TV and I am sharing the experience with millions of people all over the world. It was really fun to meet him in a personal setting, shake his hand, and get to know his personality. He has a great sense of humor and surprisingly spry for his age. He has a great gift of making the people around him feel comfortable. He asked Dave a lot of questions about his new career in dentistry and told some fun stories about his past careers and life experiences including throwing a couple of the first pitches for some Red Sox games (upon our requesting to hear about it) Aside from these fun experiences at lunch, I think I most enjoyed hearing him speak at Stake Conference. There was such great truth and power in his words when he testified of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the gospel. Sunday, November 8, 2009
Lunch With Elder Perry
Today we had the amazing opportunity to have a private lunch with Elder L. Tom Perry! It was the Stevens family plus Elder Walker and his wife too. I have always enjoyed hearing Elder Perry speak but it is usually on TV and I am sharing the experience with millions of people all over the world. It was really fun to meet him in a personal setting, shake his hand, and get to know his personality. He has a great sense of humor and surprisingly spry for his age. He has a great gift of making the people around him feel comfortable. He asked Dave a lot of questions about his new career in dentistry and told some fun stories about his past careers and life experiences including throwing a couple of the first pitches for some Red Sox games (upon our requesting to hear about it) Aside from these fun experiences at lunch, I think I most enjoyed hearing him speak at Stake Conference. There was such great truth and power in his words when he testified of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the gospel. 