Thursday, July 3, 2008

Girl Time!

For the past week, I have been in CHICAGO spending time with my family! Unfortunately, Dave had to stay in Seattle to go to school- dental school is unforgiving of week long vacations apparently. He didnt miss much though because the theme of this visit seemed to be GIRL TIME (and baby time too). Below is my nephew Jared- what a cutie! It was so fun to see my brother Adam, Lisa, and their little Jared who just turned one. We had a delayed B-day party and he loved the presents. He even threw a ball for the first time! I take partial credit since I gave him the beach ball :)





I got to spend time with a couple of my best friends from high school; going shopping and to the Taste of Chicago. But, most of my time was spent with best friend of all, my mom!

My mom volunteered to customize and make Elizabeth's whole nursery- how lucky am I. So we went to work picking out the theme, fabrics, and designs. As you can see from the picture above, the theme is kitties!! Its very appropriate considering my obsession with cats as a little girl. We based most of the designs loosely off of the picture below. I was so excited when we finished the nursery blanket and toy bag, but that is only the beginning. Soon there will custom pillows, bumper pad, diaper bag, curtains, and a mobile. Thanks Mom!