Monday, July 28, 2008

Camping in Olympics

Once again, we had a great camping experience with our friends from dental school. This was my first time visiting the Oympic National Rainforest and it was beautiful!! We planned on staying one night but had such a good time we stayed one more...not to mention the ferry traffic was so bad, it was a looong car trip so we had to make our stay worth it! Pic above is us hanging out in the stand still traffic. I didnt realize until I looked at this pic that I am a really BIG pregnant woman now; maybe because I'm standing next to tiny Katherine? I swear the camera adds 10 pounds. haha.
We had a great time going on mini hikes, seeing all the natural sites, visiting the beach, and of course sitting around the fire! At 6.5 months pregnant, I found that 2 days of camping will WEAR YOU OUT. It was great fun but when I got home on Sun. I laid down on the couch and didnt get up except to go to bed. Dave was great waiting on me hand and foot- what a good hubby!